Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First Fireworks (well, sort of) for Baby Parsons



We went to Mom and Pops lakehouse for the 4th of July festivities this year. Boy were there some fireworks! It was said that the people across the lake had spent over $5,000 on their display (although it seemed like much more than that) and our immediate neighbors spent $1,000 which they tied together to have a grand finale for our viewing pleasure. It was a big overwhelming seeing all of the fireworks bursting all over the lake for so long, but Baby Parsons was calm and did not seem to be bothered by all of the noise! :)

It was a special treat because Cousin (Aunt) Laurie, Cousin Steve, Aunt Lou and Uncle Chuck came out from Texas to have a mini family reunion. It was so much fun. Cousin (or Aunt as she kept referring to herself all weekend) Laurie and Steve gave us the cutest onesie. It was very thoughtful and we appreciated them thinking of us.



I even showed off my domestic skills by creating some very yummy homemade ice cream which everyone seemed to enjoy very much. It was pretty tasty if I can say so myself (thanks mama for the recipe!)

Regardless, Mike and I are super excited that next year we will have a 6 month old to share the special holiday with family and friends!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt (cousin) Laurie here. Doesn't matter what I call myself as long as you know I love you! Family means so much to me and I love my Parsons roots! We had such a great time at the lake. Uncle Ron and Aunt Judy were so loving, generous and welcoming as usual. I am so glad that mom and Chuck came with us. We had a wonderful road trip. It was so good to reconnect with the kids. Well I guess they are adults now but that is why it is weird for me to call myself cousin. They are the same ages as my kids. Hopefully one day we can ALL get together again! I read the comment from grandma P. How funny her one request is that you don't spoil the baby when that is exactly what she did to all of us. She's a great one to talk. Gotta love her! Thanks so much for the wonderful vacation. We had a ball. Next year Steve and I will take the tent. Thanks Andy and Anne. Love my coozy! Take care Uncle Ron. Maybe we shouldn't party like "rock stars" anymore. I'm still bruised too!

Love you all and can't wait to hear if I'm right and it's a boy! Have to say though I would love to start buying leapard prints.


Aunt Laurie and cousin Steve

Unknown said...

my my what an attractive bunch. the photo of u and mike is very nice!