Friday, September 5, 2008

Our first football game of the year to watch the #1 team in the Nation!

What a fun day on Friday! I was the official assistant photographer to RBM Photography at the First Friday breakfast featuring Coach Mark Richt. I thought he was only coming to talk to the group, but realized upon arriving that he was there signing autographs and taking photos. So, of course I had to get my photo with him. He is such a nice guy! My day continued to prove a lot of fun as I went to the luncheon with Mark Richt's wife, Kathryn. The best part of that portion of the day was that I got to go in the suite that UGA VII would be sleeping in that night. We got there before the crowd so we had a private tour! It was a lot of fun!



Saturday morning began fairly early so that we could get a parking spot. We got lucky that there was a spot at Four Towers so that we could take the bus to the stadium and have a ride back (well, that was the plan). We tailgated with some friends and then headed to the bus. I had my bag packed full of bananas, grapes, pop tarts, and was concealing some water bottles. As we entered the gates, the security guards gave me a hard time about all of the food and asked was I diabetic. I looked at my belly and back up at him and replied, "No, I am pregnant". They finally let us in and we were off to the game. As we inched our way through all of the intoxicated, sweaty people, we finally made our way to our seats, way down on row 23. We cheered on the dogs and Haley kicked as it got loud in the stadium.


My trusty fan was no match to the 96 degree heat that was bearing down on us, but I still managed to fake a smile for the photo. In the end, we made it to halftime which I thought was quite an accomplishment and then began our walk back to the car (did I mention earlier that our original plan was to take the bus back for this 2.5 mile walk uphill?) It was really tough and I made it most of the way before giving up and taking Mike up on his offer to go get the car and pick me up. I am glad the Bulldogs won, but it was a rough day in the heat for a pregnant person!

No comments: