By the time we got to the hospital around 7:00, they said I was already 3 cm. They hooked me up to the monitors and said that I was definitely having the baby that day. To keep my mind off of what was going on, I decided to send some text messages and emails for work. Everyone thought I was stupid for working, but it helped me keep my mind off of things.
Around 10am I started getting really uncomfortable and decided to get the epidural. That was when the text messages ended! Boy was the epidural a blessing! The nurse assisting with the delivery was so sweet. Her name was Kara. Dr. Murthy was on call that day and did an excellent job of coaching me through the delivery process. Mike (AKA "Coach") was so excited he was all smiles in the delivery room. He did a great job of trying to keep me distracted and encouraging me through the process. I think he was a little disappointed that he worked so hard to learn breathing techniques and how to time contractions but since I was doing well on pain management early on and my water broke first, he didn't have to do either. He still was the best coach a girl could ask for! My mom was in there as well and I am so glad she got to share the special moment when Haley arrived.
Haley weighed 6 lb. 9 oz. and was 19.25 inches long. She was born at 4:10pm on November 25, 2008. Mike thought it was pretty funny all of the "10's" we kept seeing (Mike's baseball number was 10). We were in room 3110, she was born at 4:10, and I was in labor for 10 hours. Pretty funny coincidence.


Most all of the family made it for the big day. It was so special to have everyone there with us. We are so blessed to have wonderful families.
We are still adjusting to life with a newborn and trying to get her on a schedule. She is a very good baby though. She looks so much like Mike in so many ways. Only thing we see of me in her yet is maybe her ears and possibly her nose. It is pretty cute though that she is taking after her daddy.
More updates to come of her first pediatrician appointment and some other random shots of her first week in this world. Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers as we adjust to this precious gift.
2 comments:
Sweet, I made it on your blog! I hope you and Haley are doing well at home on your own.
Grandpa P said to bad she didnt weigh 1 more lb making it 6 lbs 10oz. Another 10!! She is still a 10 on my book
Post a Comment