Tuesday, September 9, 2008

After a true Labor Day, we have a nursery!

Labor Day weekend was extremely busy in the Parsons household. After the football game Saturday, we started our preparation for the painting, construction, and decoration of Haley's room.

Mike began the weekend project with a little sanding of the walls. I was the site supervisor of this project, pointing out all of the holes that needed filling prior to our sanding experience.

Next came the cleaning of the baseboards which was a necessity after living in the house for 6 years!

Then, he started trimming out the baseboards and around all of the windows and doors. He later even steam cleaned the carpet which was really nice!
Then the fun part (at least for those who were viewing and not painting) was the rolling of the walls. It was so fun to see the paint go up. We had a little stress at the end of the project as Mike was wiping the inside of the paint can clean to get enough paint to finish the walls. I know I am very cheap, but we really wanted to only have to buy one gallon!
Andy came to visit us Saturday night. His big project was removing the packaging from the crib and dresser whcih came in shipping boxes. I helped as best I could and couldn't wait for the big reveal. The only thing that you could really see was the dresser which was assembled. The crib was in about 5 different boxes so you couldn't tell a whole lot about it. Andy also helped move out the couch from the room on Sunday. I was excited to get it out of the house and the buyer was pleased to have a nice pull out sofa...a true win-win!
After the room was all painted, we began the crib construction. This was definitely a two person job!
It actually didn't take as long as we thought and I was so happy to be able to help out on something in the room!
Did I mention we had a site supervisor the entire time we were working on the project? Taz kept us on task and pointed out any mistakes from his secure place on the floor.

Yeah! A crib!! After selecting our mattress a few days before, we were anxious to get it in and put the bedding in for the final touches.


We were so excited to get the bedding in for our baby girl!

Here are a couple of views up close. The large stuffed bear was my "Boo Boo". The smaller one was Mike's stuffed bear growing up. The hound dog was also mine. It was really neat to put some of our things in her room!

Mike moved the dresser into the room to its final resting place. We are now just waiting on the hutch to arrive so that we can finish assembling it.

The room was finally complete (well, of course we have more decorating to do, but the hard part is over)!
Mike couldn't resist taking a photo of what Haley's view will be of her new crib and bedding!

And finally, the two proud (and very tired) parents at the conclusion of our Labor Day weekend...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you guys look tired in the last picture. It turned out great, good job. I'm glad I could help, you couldn't have done it without me :)

Andy

Unknown said...

very nice! it's good to see a nursery room that isn't decorated in pastels ya know? i love the blog updates, keep 'em comin.

The Pink Chick said...

The nursery looks great! I absolutely love the bedding! It is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Laurie loves the nursery too! I love the colors. Gee it works out that leapard will go nicely! I am so happy for you both! December will be here soon. Take care.
Love you three!